SudsPundit

Monday, May 16, 2005

Whiskers on Kittens

Drinking. Cooking. Gardening. Science.

My favorite things. Especially when their stars align to make my dream Venn diagram... behold the beauty of beer making (or distilling spirits for that matter). I haven't attempted the spirits yet for fear I will produce methanol instead and render myself blind; however, I have been watching Brian over the years (and now Ken) brew the brew.

It's a beautiful thing.

Tons of questions only beget more. I guess that's why Brian always puts a beer in my hand before he starts brewing; an extremely effective method of distraction. I love why and how little variations in ingredients and technique produce such dramatic shifts in the final product. It separates the beginners from the amateurs and the amateurs from the truly great beer craftsmen.

And every so often a person gets to taste a mindblowing beer worthy of next tier -- which is why drinking microbrews is so damn fun.

So thanks for inviting me to be a part of this. I'm looking forward to it.
Yes bartender, of course I'll have another one. It is for research purposes.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger chris said…

    Welcome to the site, Lisa!

    Maybe now we'll stop treating it like our unwanted stepchild.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home