SudsPundit

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Summer Plans

I teach, therefore I don't work summers. Not for real, at least. And the fun part is that I still get paid. (technically, I was already paid and I'm being screwed out of interest, but whatever)

So, what to do? ... hmmm...

Well, last summer I volunteered at a local Atlanta brewery, the Sweetwater Brewing Co. Probably the most successful in the area and for good reason, they make a mean extra pale ale also known as Sweetwater 420. And their porter, IPA, brown ale,... well all of those are of substantial quality as well. And volunteering makes you really popular when everyone finds out that you have a home basement filled with enough bottled beer to stock multiple parties. A few pails of ice and you're good to go.

But I want to turn it up a notch. The problem is, I've got to take this class in late July. Who'd want to pay someone to come and work for 6 weeks and then leave? So, I'm probably stuck in the volunteering position again. I prefer to call it an internship, but that seems a bit too pompous for even me.

But... there's this place called Montana. It's a mythical place supposedly in the northwest somewhere, at least until Yellowstone gets really pissed off. And in Montana they also have breweries. hmmm....

I think you know where I'm going with this. If I'm going to be working for free, and I have no other obligations from June 1 - July 11, three guesses as to where I'm going to do it. And the answer most certainly is not Atlanta.

Now all I have to do is find a place willing to accept a labor for beer agreement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home