SudsPundit

Friday, August 18, 2006

Sudspundit is my neglected stepchild

So I doubt if anyone is still bothering to check. But if you are, then thank you.

I have been more than a little busy lately. After our trip to the OBF a couple of weeks ago (I will post about that this weekend I promise) Marsha and I were home for a week, then flew to the Research Triangle area of North Carolina to go house hunting (I am starting a job there next month). This will be our first home that we own, and we are moving ourselves, our cars, our stuff, and our dog 2300 miles to get there. Like I said--busy.

The great news about that is that the house we are buying sits atop a full basement that is more than big enough to serve as M's studio space with room to spare as a brewery/beer cellar. Year-round production and long-term storage simply aren't viable options if you are renting in Tucson, AZ, so this is very exciting for me. (The job promises to be pretty cool, too.)

As if that weren't enough, we also had a (long-planned and now more necessary than we realized) short vacation to Mexico this past week. The beer-related highlight of that trip was the blind taste test of Mexican lagers conducted among our housemates. I am proud to say that I was the only one who could tell the difference between Pacifico, Dos Equis Lager, Tecate, and Corona without error or hesitation. (If you're wondering--Pacifico has the most well-balanced and full flavor, Dos Equis is nearly as good as Pacifico but with a slight citrusy/carbonic "bite", Tecate has a much thinner body but a pretty strong aftertaste, and Corona tastes the most like water. Everyone has a talent and apparently this is mine.)

That's all for now. Aside from the OBF post promised, I anticipate that blogging will be extremely sparse until at least the end of September. Again, I do appreciate the readership of this humble corner of the Beer 'Sphere, and hope to "see" you all again very soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still subscribed so at least one person cares :-) Good luck w/the new job.

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger chris said…

    You've had all of that and I've had all of the beginning of the year school stuff going on. You know, building floods, electrical fires, brimstone, four horsemen, etc.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said…

    Congrats on the new job!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Blind taste test?! (Lisa's ears perk up)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home