SudsPundit

Monday, January 09, 2006

Geek or aficionado?

"I am a beer aficionado and a beer scholar and a beer historian," Brewer said. "The term beer geek originated about 10 years ago. People began describing themselves as beer geeks. It's someone who is so absorbed with beer. It's people who get over the top with anything..."


More here.

I don't think I'm as over the top about anything as I am beer. (Others may disagree.) So I guess I'll take "aficionado".

Via the super-cool RSBS (Real Simple Beer Syndication) put together by the good folks at Beerinator.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said…

    I'm definitely over the firkin top about beer. I guess I truly realized this recently by noticing that I have 30 gallons of finished beer of 6 different styles, 30 gallons in fermenters right now, and I'm going to brew a new batch next week.
    Usually, people who are passionate about one thing are also passionate about a few others, as well. For me, it's running and music, also.

    By the way, I prefer the term "Beer Nerd."

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Yeah, Ben...I think I see why you run so much ;)

    BTW...love the new blog...sorry I haven't linked it yet, but I am reading...

    People: http://badbensnanobrewery.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home