SudsPundit

Monday, June 27, 2005

To Clarify an Earlier Position

In a recent post, I reviewed a northwestern US beer produced in Montana called Moose Drool. In that post, I spoke of the extreme drinkability of said brew, at least from the perspective of a guy who generally prefers darker beers.

To get to the point without much delay, Moose Drool is still a very good beer. If it's from a bottle. On tap, it's a crap shoot.

Just yesterday, I finally had Moose Drool from a tap. All of my previous experiences had been with the bottled version. Unfortunately, the kegged version seemed to be lacking something. I can't explain it. Perhaps it was an old keg, but doubtful considering its popularity in these parts. Perhaps it was the plastic cup I was drinking from (there was a hoedown and festival on Main St. and people were partaking of beverages outdoors, seriously). Perhaps it was just me.

So, when we got home, I had to test to see if it was just me. Maybe I ate something that busted my tastebuds. But no, the bottled stuff was still good.

Brown ale not quite dark enough to be a porter. Just enough hops to balance sweetness to make it perfect with burgers or pizza.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    You know, I've ONLY had it on tap. We have some bottled in our fridge now so I'll have to do a taste test.

    That would explain our discrepancy on the stuff. That and the whole "maybe we like different beers sort of thing".

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Taryn said…

    I didn't care for it too much on tap either. Paul liked it though. Lisa, we got you the bottles because the brewery in Missoula that we liked didn't bottle beer and also because we are moose pushers. Hope you like it better than the tap version.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Ken said…

    You damn moose pushers!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home