SudsPundit

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Brick Store Pub, Decatur, GA



I was back in Atlanta this past weekend. After watching the Thrashers beat the Capitols in OT, Chris and his wife Stephanie took me to the Brick Store, right on the courthouse square in Decatur.

The pub has actually been there for a while (since '97), but the recent repeal of Georgia's insane 6% beer law has paved the way for the addition of a "Belgian Bar" upstairs.

Oh. My. I'm ready to move back, I think.

The Belgian Bar at the Brick Store boasts a rotation of eight Belgian and Belgian-style beers on tap, and another 40 or so in bottles. If you're reading this blog, you don't really need me to say much more than that to tell you why any visit to Atlanta must include a trip to this little slice of heaven. It's worth pointing out, however, that they include cellared beers (at a premium price, naturally) and are so fastidious about proper glassware that they will not serve a beer if they don't have the appropriate glass available.

I had a St. Bernardus Abt 12 and a La Chouffe, both from the tap. Both every bit as good as what I got when I went here.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger maryjanebrain said…

    howdy! believe it or not, i am writing a full-length book on the brick store pub www.loveatthepub.com and i am including as much community input as possible. please consider saying hi through the book website and tell a story or join the book release party. cheers! mary jane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home