SudsPundit

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Matrimoniale Update

Day 16 (9 days after second yeast addition):

SG is 1.020. ABV is 9.0%.

And still fermenting...you'd think I was paying these guys by the hour...

I was really hoping to bottle tonight, but that's just not going to work. I'll probably have to wait until the weekend, which means it'll have only been in the bottle a week by the wedding. Nuts.

Anyhow, tasting notes: surprisingly smooth...definite estery flavor, very similar to a hefeweizen. Mildly spicy notes that I imagine will become more prevalent with carbonation and age. Finish is quite dry with a pretty assertive alcoholic presence (hopefully that will mellow a bit.)

Anyway, I hope my yeast finish their job before this weekend, because if it doesn't get bottled then, it isn't getting bottled for a while...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger chris said…

    Yeah, it better get bottled soon or someone will be pissed next week! You can't write about that shit and then hold out like that. You fuckin beer tease!

    I'd say bottle it now, but then you'll likely get super-carbonation, like a Duvel. I've never had to pour a beer so slow in my life.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    Oh, you and I are going to crack one when you get here. It may be green, but it'll be worth a taste at the very least.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    me too! me too!

    Ooooh, super carbonated... it's like champagne but without the champagne -- perfect celebratory drink for your beloved who doesn't like champagne yet loves beer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home