SudsPundit

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

i have an agent?

My friend that occasionally brews with me here called me up earlier this evening. He had apparently been talking with the owner of a local establishment about the legal issues of serving free beer. Free as in we give it to him and free as in give it away, not sell it. What is there to tax if no payment is received? I'm a little wary of the seemingly easy "loophole" which is why I'm simply referring to it as "a local establishment."

I think I'm going to do it. I have until essentially the 27th to brew, ferment, and carbonate. The guy thinks it'd be fun to try at a private party he's having on Halloween. Even better that it's a private party. I'm not particularly excited about trying a new recipe for such an event so I think I'm going with the tried and true porter recipe that got me a third place prize in my first ever homebrew contest. That one gives me the advantage of knowing what pro judges thought could be better about the next batch. And it seems like it might be the right time of year to start drinking porters.

The drawback is that I won't be able to attend. I'll be in Belgium having even better beers. Woe is me. I guess I can send my agent on my behalf.

Wish I had known a few months ago. I could have made the more appropriate Oktoberfest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home